The nets at Richmond Cricket Club are now open (from 3rd December) on a controlled basis. This page covers guidance for 121 and small group coaching.
These guidelines are based on information and guidance from the ECB and Sport England.
Below are some key points:
- Check for symptoms of COVID-19. In line with current Government guidance, if you are symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds, you should remain at home and follow Government guidance
- Hands should be washed thoroughly before leaving home and on return. We suggest bringing hand sanitiser / wipes to use before and after your session
- Avoid public transport if at all possible.
- Complete the attached consent form prior to each coaching session, scan/photo and send to your coach well before your session
- All sessions must be booked and paid for with the coach in advance. No payment transactions are permitted at the ground
- A number of coaching slots will be pre-allocated to six approved coaches (details below)
- Sessions start on the hour and must finish promptly 10 minutes before the next session starts. Please aim to arrive as close to your start time as possible and leave promptly after your session is complete
- 121 coaching and small group sessions are permitted.
- Net usage must follow the Government’s social distancing guidelines i.e. only one person may be in the net with the coach and they must remain 2 metres apart. No parent, sibling, helper or other person is permitted to be in the same net or any adjacent net.
- Players must bring their own protective equipment - pads, thigh-pad, helmet, gloves and a box (for males) must be worn for hardball cricket
- If the player intends to bowl during the session then they should bring their own ball(s)
- When batting, players should knock the ball back to the coach with their bat, rather than picking it up, even if the player has gloves on
- For juniors a parent or member of the player’s household must be on site and available in case first aid needs to be administered unless explicitly agreed otherwise between parent and coach
- The external toilet block at Old Deer Park is open.
- The groundsman has requested that bags are wheeled along the lane on the way in and on the way out.
Five coaches are approved by the club to provide private coaching:
- Adam London. Director of Cricket. Call 07507 884 882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To pay for 121s with Adam please click here. To pay for small group coaching with Adam please click here.
- Ian Tabor. ECB Level 3 Advanced Coach. Book online: taborsportscoaching.com or call 07710 198 435
- David Burton. Richmond 1st XI team player. Call 07903 758 066
- Usman Arif. Head coach at Masterclass coaching. Call 07864 044940 or Instagram @masterclasscricket
- Ami Banerjee. Head of Cricket at Hampton School and ECB Level 3 Advanced Coach. Call 07983112737 or email email@example.com
All the coaches will pay for net hire to Richmond CC as part of the club’s Covid-19 Appeal. Sessions booked with Adam will generate the most income for the club.
We know that many players will be keen to get back in to the nets as quickly as possible. Please ensure you respect the guidelines set out so we can all continue to make use of the facilities. Any breach of the guidelines could result in the facilities being shut down for everyone.