Nets starting again at Old Deer Park is great news. It is however just a small step in our recovery. Please take a read below at the status of our Appeal.
Update on the RCC Appeal
During lock down we have been concentrating on 3 themes:
- Donate to our Appeal
- Stay Connected to Your Club
- Stay Active
Donate to our Appeal
Why do we need to raise funds? The provision of cricket has a cost, and whilst many of these costs are variable, some are less variable than others! We have year round commitments to pay rent, maintain our facilities, pay insurance and utilities and to pay our staff.
What is our target and how much have we raised so far? We are aiming to raise a total of £50,000. Alongside the work that has been done to minimised our costs this would allow RCC to emerge fit and healthy from the current crisis. We have already raised over £35,000 and are very grateful to all who have contributed.
How can I donate? Click here to donate online
[b]What have we done to help?
- Alongside the other clubs and Old Deer Park Sports Ground we sprung into action very quickly to minimise our costs whilst the facilities are closed. We have welcomed government support through the furloughing of staff (who have been very understanding), we have negotiated a payment holiday on the ground rent, and have minimised utility bills. Work on the grounds has been reduced to a level that will allow a quick return to service without creating long term problems. We have not spent money on hiring grounds for 5th team and junior matches and we have not purchased any equipment for the 2020 season.
- Sheringhams Fine Foods have stepped in as an appeal sponsor. Sheringhams faced a huge drop in demand for their services from schools, pubs and restaurants and very quickly pivoted to open up their services to home delivery. They very quickly set themselves up to provide a reliable delivery service (they deliver within 48 hours of any order, and usually within 24 hours) and have recently extended their range to include fresh meat. And in their time of need they are helping us in our time of need. Do check out their services here.We would love to find other organisations (perhaps companies of our members, or others like Sheringhams who have seen opportunity in the current crisis) who would also support our Appeal.
- We are applying for a Sport England grant. There is huge demand for a limited fund but we have made our case and await the outcome.
- RCC through the Ages - Chairman Chris Goldie has published 6 chapters plus a VE Day special edition
- Who We Are - read Miles Dilworth's profiles of 9 of the amazing people who make Richmond Cricket Club what it is today
- From our Junior Correspondent - 6 fantastic articles from RCC Juniors. We have one more to publish this week, and it will be the last unless we have some more volunteers. Time for some more of our juniors to find their inner journalist please!
- Retro Rangers - we regularly dip into our archive of highlights from our past
- We encourage you all to connect to our social media channels: Facebook (pubic group) "Richmond Cricket Club"; twitter @Richmondcricket; Instagram @richmondcricketclub
- Quarantine Cricket - Adam and Nick have built an impressive library of technical and fitness drills. These have recently been complemented by guest appearances from 1st XI skipper Will Phillips and 1st XI opening bowler David Burton
- If you want to contribute please contact Adam at email@example.com
- Quarantine Cricket was recently promoted to all in Richmond via the London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames Twitter account. All are welcome!
- You can support the club and stay active by booking with Adam for Online 121s - click here. Note that any Online 121s can be transferred to ODP 121s as soon as the ECB allows us to run these.
Upcoming Activities (keep and eye out for further details):
- Richmond will be hosting it’s 1st club wide Zoom Quiz on Friday 22nd of May
- The Richmond Hundred - a monthly cash raffle is being launched with the first prize draw in June
And finally.....Your club needs you! We need fresh ideas for the Appeal and more content to keep our members engaged in the club through the website. If you want to help please contact Rich Zotov or Chris Goldie.