And we are off!!! Well, sort of. In glorious sunshine the annual Pagoda shoot should have taken place last Sunday (see photo - the square is looking a touch green!). Every evening this week would have seen the nets full of girls and boys preparing for the season ahead. It is safe to say that every evening, from now until well into the school summer holidays, would have seen the ground buzzing with junior cricketers - with a few of the adults thrown in too.
Instead many of our members are going through challenging times, and some are playing important roles in the fight against this virus. My thoughts are with you all. It is going to be a summer like no other and Richmond Cricket Club will continue to do what we can to remind you all of happier times past and the possibility of exciting times in the future.
Support your club. These are challenging times for RCC. We rely on subs, social events and camps to bring in the vast majority of our income for the year, to cover year round costs. The early response to our Appeal has been brilliant - with early subs (subs are now suspended) and donations we have over £28k of the £50k we are seeking to raise. How can you take part alongside the 40% of our membership who have already contributed?
- support our Appeal to raise funds to keep the club going
- stay connected through our website and social media
- stay active with Quarantine Cricket and Online 121s with Adam London
Support our Appeal:
- make a donation here
- we have an additional club sponsor! Sheringhams Fine Foods are supporting us in our time of need. Check out their home delivery services for amazing fruit, veg, dairy and dry goods delivered within a couple of days. Please also get in touch if your company is interested in sponsoring RCC.
- Richmond CC Virtual Quizapalooza - a night aimed for all the family. Please keep your eyes peeled for further announcements
- shop via Easyfundraising. How does it work? - Easyfundraising has over 4,000 shops and sites which will donate to us at no extra cost to yourself, including lots of big name retailers like Amazon, John Lewis, Argos, Uswitch, eBay, M&S, Just Eat, Now TV, Domino's Pizza and Audible. Every time you shop online, go via the Easyfundraising website or download the Easyfundraising App to your phone and RCC will receive a percentage of your spend as a free donation, at no cost to you or us. All you have to do is register to the cause (Richmond CC - Middlesex) via this link and away you go.
- Website - www.richmondcricketclub.com
- Twitter – Richmond Cricket @Richmondcricket
- Instagram – Richmond Cricket Club
- Facebook public group – Richmond Cricket Club
On the website you will find new articles every day:
- From our Junior Correspondent: see RCC through the eyes of some of our junior players. More aspiring journalists are needed please! Contact your Age Group Manager or Rich Zotov.
- Who We Are: profiles of some of the people who make RCC what it is today
- RCC Through the Ages: a serialised history of our club written by Club Chairman Chris Goldie
- and look out for Gilchrist Scholars - Where are they now? A series of video interviews with our visitors from Australia over the years
- Quarantine Cricket. This is a series of technical and strength & agility exercises, with videos, from our Director of Cricket Adam London.
- Online 121s. If you wish to take your quarantine cricket a step further, and contribute to the survival of the club, consider signing up for Online 121s
Richmond Cricket Club is special and we share a special place at Old Deer Park with our sister clubs, all of which are doing their bit to keep the place going so that it is ready and waiting as soon as the situation with the coronavirus allows. Do your bit and stay part of this amazing community.