We are pleased to announce that we are now extending the use of our facilities to small groups (up to 6 people) in line with government and ECB guidelines. The virus is still a real threat, and it is essential that our members use this extension wisely. Whilst it is not a return to normal cricket practice it does mean that groups of up to six may use a net whilst observing social distancing and good hand hygiene. Our new guidance for member bookings can be found here. Our coaches also now have the opportunity to train small groups as well as 121s within our guidelines which are here. We do hope that our members enjoy this next small step.
We are evaluating how, within the new ECB guidance, some team or age group training may be possible in a series of small groups that do not interact. More on this as soon as we have it.
Update on the RCC Appeal
During lock down we have been concentrating on 3 themes:
- Donate to our Appeal
- Stay Connected to Your Club
- Stay Active
Donate to our Appeal
- Why do we need to raise funds? The provision of cricket has a cost, and whilst many of these costs are variable, some are less variable than others! We have year round commitments to pay rent, maintain our facilities, pay insurance and utilities and to pay our staff.
- What is our target and how much have we raised so far? We are aiming to raise a total of £50,000. Alongside the work that has been done to minimised our costs this would allow RCC to emerge fit and healthy from the current crisis. We have already raised over £47,000 and are very grateful to all who have contributed.
- What have the club done to help?
- Alongside the other clubs and Old Deer Park Sports Ground we sprung into action very quickly to minimise our costs whilst the facilities were closed. We have welcomed government support through the furloughing of staff (who have been very understanding), we have negotiated a payment holiday on the ground rent, and have minimised utility bills. Work on the grounds was reduced and is now being increased again to support the limited re-opening of cricket, tennis and archery facilities. We have not spent money on hiring grounds for 5th team and junior matches and we have not purchased any equipment for the 2020 season.
- NedGroup Investments have stepped in as our second Appeal Sponsor alongside Sheringhams Fine Foods. Our appeal took on an international tone when South African based investment management company Nedgroup Investments heard about it through one of our members who works in their London office. Andrew Lodge, Managing Director of Nedgroup Investments International said “Every year Nedgroup looks to support a few good causes, especially those that are community based and involved in encouraging children to take up sports. The pandemic has been a tough challenge for local cricket clubs, and with its thriving colts section, it’s our pleasure to help support Richmond Cricket Club in its hour of need”.
- We would love to find other organisations (perhaps companies of our members, or others like Sheringhams and Nedgroup who have seen opportunity in the current crisis) who would also support our Appeal.
- Adam London, our Director of Cricket, and our team of coaches are delivering 121s. These have been thoroughly enjoyed by those who have taken part, and are also raising valuable funds for the RCC Appeal - over £4,000 so far. To find out more click here:
- Richmond Sports Club (RSC made up of Cricket, Tennis and Archery) have been awarded an £8,000 grant by Sport England. This is an excellent outcome - some of this is being used to bring a second groundsman off furlough and the balance will be used towards our contribution to Old Deer Park Sports Ground.
RCC has been the number 1 cricket club on the Pitchero rankings for the past two weeks. This means that people are reading the content that we have been publishing - thank you! However, we are now struggling for content and renew our appeal for contributions from the membership. You can contribute towards any of our themes, or indeed come up with ideas of your own. Please contact Rich Zotov at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help.
Here are the links to our featured series:
We encourage you all to connect to our social media via the following channels:
- Website – www.richmondcricketclub.com
- Facebook (public group) – “Richmond Cricket Club”
- Twitter - @Richmondcricket
- Instagram - @richmondcricketclub
RCC Quiz - we had 35 different households who enjoyed a fun evening led by quizmaster Steven Deakin. The Stubbs family were the winners of of a package of 121 coaching with Director of Cricket, Adam London
- Here is a link to quarantine cricket series - good for those staying at home and an excellent source of training ideas for all levels
- Per the announcement about our facilities are open for member nets and 121 or small group coaching
Thank you for staying donating to our Appeal, for staying connected and staying active. We look forward to better and brighter times ahead.
Rich Zotov and Chris Goldie